Tue Mar 18th, 2014
The Tick Data Suite is directed to persons that aren't impressed by huge colored and possibly flickering text words, so all what you'll read here are just facts that you need to know before purchasing your copy.
Without a doubt, Forex strategies backtesting is one of the most effective methods to investigate about their profitability potential, it may be the best way if you can't afford the very extensive forward testing. However, with Metatrader 4 - the most common Forex platform - backtesting is inherently defective, as MT4 doesn't store the factual ticks received from the broker's server; the best data available to it is that from the M1 timeframe – it only has the open, high, low, close and number of ticks per minute. This may make you wonder how it produces the ticks that happened within each minute if it only has those values, no need to wonder if you know that it creates fake ticks through fulfillment based on the tick count per minute.
In other words, the ticks generated this way are not the real ticks, they are entirely fake ticks! Moreover, Metatrader 4 is only able to backtest your robot using the fixed spread, whereas all prime brokers use variable spread! It just uses the current spread of the broker so, for example, if you're testing an Asian scalper robot throughout the day, the results will be totally misleading.
So, if you run a strategy dealing with hundreds of pips per trade and only closes at a stop loss or take profit, the fact that the your backtest ticks are not the actual ticks is not so important. But, if you run a scalping strategy taking profit at 10-20 pips or closely following the market with a trailing stop, it's totally defferent to backtest with the actual ticks and the real spread.
This is actually what the Tick Data Suite does; it allows you to use tick data and variable spread in your Metatrader 4 backtesting to obtain an unmatched precision and 99% modeling quality. As multiple brokers are providing tick data for free, you can then test your expert advisors to rate its performance with different data sources. Tick Data Suite surely enables you to perform a much better estimate of the strategy you are to evaluate and to get enough confidence to test it live.
If you don't yet understand the difference, preview the backtests in Forex Combo Robot Review page where you can easily differentiate between the history center data results and the tick data results, as the EA performed very well with the history center data, but it didn't do that by backtesting with tick data. You can then preview any other review page with backtests to conclude the difference between tick data and history center data.
The Tick Data Suite is available with a free 7 day trial including full functionality. Just download it, follow this website guides, then start with your own 99% modeling quality backtests. It's not just a very easy to use, but if you intend to make the best possible accurate backtest, you certainly will be able to brace your will to live the experience, then you will find that it was not that hard at the end.
Features of the Tick Data Suite:
- Enables tick data use in Metatrader 4 backtesting.
- Enables running expert advisor optimizations with tick data.
- Enables backtesting with real, variable spread.
- Rules out the 2GB size limitation for Metatrader 4 has on its FXT data files, this will effectively allows backtesting the whole data range in one single step.
- Enables multiple Metatrader 4 copies starting from the same folder to be able to run multiple backtests or optimizations at the same time.
- Disallows overwriting existing FXT data files using the every tick model saving so much time even when repeatedly backtesting the same time period with history center data.
- Automatically detects if variable spread are being used by your data files or not.
- Works very well with 3rd party products like the Walk Forward Analyzer
Pricing and Discount Offers
The Tick Data Suite costs $97, including free support and updates for one month. Then, a subscription of $10/month is required for further support and updates.
After confirming a payment for the product, it will be immediately available for download. A serial number will be provided to validate only one workstation with unlimited Metatrader 4 clients. Running it on another workstation as your VPS for example can be done only once every 48 hours, if so, this will deactivate the copy on any other workstations.
Full refunds can be requested and if within the first 60 days of payment, it will be granted, but in order to avoid going through that, it's better to try out the full featured Tick Data Suite trial version before making a payment to determine if this is really what you need.
- You can have up to 5 licenses with a recurring billed single license. To do that, go to the additional license page after you have purchased a copy.
- You can pay for 4 licenses and get 5 ones. This 5 license package also has an associated recurring billing fee of $10, just like a single license. Click Here to take advantage of this offer.
Tick Data Suite Info SummaryBuy Tick Data Suite Single License
Buy Tick Data Suite 5 License Pack